|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Color Theory: GREEN
- Any of a number of similar colors evoked by light consisting somewhat of the midle wavelengths of light discernible by the human eye
- Additive primary and subtractive seconday
- Complementary to magenta (additive light); complementary to red (subtractive color)
- Wavelength: 520-570 nm
- Hex triplet: #00FF00
- sRGB: 0, 255, 0
- Relaxes mentally, as well as physically
- Helps alleviate depression, nervousness, and anxiety
- Offers a sense of renewal, self-control, and harmony
3. Found In
- Worldwide color used to represent safety
- China: jade stones represent virtue and beauty
- Ghardaia: houses painted in green indicate that the inhabitants have made a pilgrimage to Mecca
- Iran: sacred color where is symbolizes paradise
- Ireland: represents the vast green hillsides and St. Patrick
- Islam: considered traditional color because of its association with nature
- Japan: regarded as the color of eternal l
Color Theory: ORANGE
- Occurs between red and yellow in the visible spectrum
- Subtractive secondary
- Complementary to blue (subtractive color)
- Wavelength: 585-620 nm
- Hex triplet: #FF7F00
- sRGB: 255, 127, 0
- Stimulates activity and appetite
- Encourages socialization and oxygen intake to the brain
3. Found In
- China and Japan: color of happiness and love
- Seven Deadly Sins: Gluttony, Pig
- India and Sri Lanka: represents Hinduism. Hindu gurus usually wear orange robes
- Northern Ireland: signifies Protestantism
- Halloween: because orange is the color of pumpkins
- Thanksgiving: in combination with the color brown
- United States Army: orange is the colour of the United States Army Signal Corps
- Contrasting colour of blue and is highly visible against a clear sky, so often used in safety
- Often used for visibility enhancement
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security's code orange on its terror threa
a dangerous hallucinationThe light coming through the window was bright,
much too bright.
Even though my eyes were closed
I could see it-
The skin of my arms prickled,
sweat dripped from my brow.
It was two in the afternoon but…
the sun was setting
through the window facing east.
I should have seen the hutch,
shelves lined with bone china
decorated with delicate leaves and vines.
I was so thirsty
and reaching for cups that should have been there.
Instead I found a billboard of butterflies,
the colors raging
more than any rainbow
I'd ever seen.
Their wings fluttered and flashed
yet somehow they moved in slow motion.
I wanted to stand,
wanted to reach out and touch them but…
I couldn't move,
and yet I laughed
ignoring my dry mouth
and the tingling in my feet.
There was a tempest
on the rise
and in my blood.
A sugar rush disguised
as a riot of butterflies
and they were swarming me.
There was a small vial
of insulin in my pocket
that I nev
Keep in Touch!
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More