|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Color Theory: GREY
- Describes an color between white and black
- Hex triplet: #808080
- sRGB: 128, 128, 128
- Creates expectations
3. Found In
- Representative of pessimism
- Christianity: represents mourning and repentance
- Davys grey
- Medium Taupe
- Pale Taupe
- Paynes grey
- Purple Taupe
- Seal brown
- Slate grey
- Taupe grey
- Arsenic: (#3B444B) (59, 68, 75); color of the element
- Bistre *see Brown: (#3D2B1F) (61, 43, 31); made from soot
- Black: (#000000) (0, 0, 0)
- Charcoal: (#464646) (70, 70, 70)
- Davys grey: (#788878) (120, 136, 120); made from powdered slate
- Feldgrau: (#4D5D53) (77, 93, 83)
- Liver *see Brown: (#534B4F) (83, 75, 79); used to describe dogs and horses
- Medium Taupe *see Brown: (#674C47) (103, 67, 71)
- Pale Taupe *see Brown: (#BC987E) (18
Color Theory: GREEN
- Any of a number of similar colors evoked by light consisting somewhat of the midle wavelengths of light discernible by the human eye
- Additive primary and subtractive seconday
- Complementary to magenta (additive light); complementary to red (subtractive color)
- Wavelength: 520-570 nm
- Hex triplet: #00FF00
- sRGB: 0, 255, 0
- Relaxes mentally, as well as physically
- Helps alleviate depression, nervousness, and anxiety
- Offers a sense of renewal, self-control, and harmony
3. Found In
- Worldwide color used to represent safety
- China: jade stones represent virtue and beauty
- Ghardaia: houses painted in green indicate that the inhabitants have made a pilgrimage to Mecca
- Iran: sacred color where is symbolizes paradise
- Ireland: represents the vast green hillsides and St. Patrick
- Islam: considered traditional color because of its association with nature
- Japan: regarded as the color of eternal l
Character Tips 4 - MagicCharacter Creation Magic and Abilities
If you are creating a character for the fantasy genre, more often than not, they have some kind of magic. There are all kinds of magic, but some planning has to go into it.
How did they get it?
There are many ways your character could get their magic. It could be given to them by some higher power, it could be genetics, or they could use a magical item and have no real power of their own.
I'll start with genetics. If this is how your character got their power then somebody else in their family tree somewhere should have the same power. It wouldn't have to be in their immediate family since it could be recessive (just like I am a red head with green eyes whereas everyone else in my immediate family has brown hair and blue eyes, I take after my great-grandparents), it could skip a few generations before showing up again. Also, since magic is basically part of your character's genes in this type, they cannot gain both of their pa
Character Tips 3 - ClothingCharacter Creation Clothing
So, your character has a body, a life and a personality. The thing is, they're still naked! Well, this should solve their problem.
Before we decide on their clothes, we need to figure out what they actually do for a living. This is important because, apart from their personality, this will decide the type of clothing your character will wear. For example, a princess will wear a lot of fine dresses and have a lot of jewellery whereas a peasant will have patched up clothes and little to no jewellery. A business man will wear a suit to work whereas a person working on a construction site will wear jeans, steel toed boots, a shirt, a high vis. vest and a hard hat.
Basically, position in society and career will determine what your character usually wears.
How Personality Fits In
Appearance is influenced by your personality, not the other way around. For example, an outgoing person will more likely reveal more skin than a shy per
Character Tips 2 - PersonalityCharacter Creation History and Personality
So, you have the body of your character, but it's only the body. It has no life or personality yet. This will hopefully help to give it one.
Creating a history is not often fun or easy, but what has happened in your character's past will affect their personality. Of course, like with everything else, there are traps that you can fall into. Some things are horribly overused, it's not illegal to use them, but just keep in mind that they are really common. Whatever you do, don't have an overly sad past, and I don't mean that they can't be orphans, or be abused by a parent or partner, because it does happen in real life (sadly). Just don't have every single thing happen to them.
Example: "Growing up, Amy was never happy. She had been orphaned at the age of 5 in a car crash. She was soon adopted by a family who seemed nice at first but then they started to abuse her. She would cry herself to sleep every night bec
Keep in Touch!
^Nyx-Valentine arrived in our community and started whipping everyone into a frenzy with her relentless desire to bring the Artistic Nude and Fetish galleries to the fore. 9 years later, and it's safe to say that Nyx is not only a leader as a photographer in these galleries, but she has also established herself as a much saught after model. ^... Read More